Tuesday, September 28, 2010

SEPTEMBER 2010: SUGAR COOKIES!

The September 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Mandy of “What the Fruitcake?!” Mandy challenged everyone to make Decorated Sugar Cookies based on recipes from Peggy Porschen and The Joy of Baking.


We were asked to decorate the cookies with a theme of "What September means to us" and I chose Back To School as my Theme :)

The cookies were very yummilicious recipe! Thank you Mandy! The challenging part was the actual cutting of the shapes (or using cookie-cutters) and the decorating.

I used royal icing and typical food coloring for the icing, and I used food color markers for writing on the icing.

Not a very difficult "challenge" but one that was easy enough to fit into a weekend day with small children trying to grab all my attention ;)



No comments: